with vanilla bean buttercream
2 Large Eggs
4oz Self raising flour
4oz Caster sugar
1oz Soft brown sugar
2tbsp Sunflower Oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 mashed bananas
- Weigh out all your ingredients so they are ready to go
- Mash up your bananas. I do it while they're still in the skin, that way you only have to cut one end off and squeeze the mush out. Plus no dirty extras... I'm on about washing up
- Cream butter and sugar together until light in colour, creamy and kinda fluffy
- add your little eggies
- Whisk like your life depends on it
- Sift in the flour and baking powder
- Fold together until just combined
- Add your mushed up bananas
- Spoon into paper cases.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at gas mark 7, 220 degrees Celsius for about 22 mins. Sorry I didn't tell you to pre-heat earlier... awkward.
- They will go fairly golden because of all the sugar. I made them in two sizes and the smaller ones seemed to dome slighty as you can see in the picture. Ah well. Boverrrrd.
- Allow to cool then buttercream those puppies up!
For the vanilla bean buttercream...
I use this recipe from browneyedbaker replacing the cream with milk..as I had no cream.
This frosting can be used for preeeetty much every cake ever, its a good staple and you can colour it with gel or liquid colouring too. Bingo.
Wait! there's more. I forgot to tell you that after the buttercream part I added these mini stroopwafels as a decoration/chewy surprise. Yay!!!